05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralPA E82 View Post
Interesting, I have a 128 with the same build date and am attempting the same project. I have installed the lights (euro bi-xenon) and made the modification to the wire (need to add a ground wire to the existing harness). The issue is coding, the dealer has no clue how to program the lights. Find someone with an Autologic and you might be good to go. Can tell you from experience that the E90 coding does not seem to carryover, the lights are fine with the engine off but flicker once the car is started. The issue is the PWM setting (pulse width modulation). Essentially you have a circuit that cycles on/off which is fine for halogen but not xenon. Will keep you informed if I find a solution.
Did you change the VO to include the xenon lights? And yeah, I don't doubt that the dealer is clueless. The dealer scan tools are powerful, but it's very unlikely they know how to do anything beyond the step-by-step stuff they're trained to do. With things like NCSEXPERT, you can manually make these changes to individual modules and such.
Appreciate 0