View Single Post
      09-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #73
Chris@iCARBON
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Honda

Guys,

The lip needs to be installed in the middle first, clamps or tape used to apply pressure upward and hold the middle in place, and then the sides are installed. That is how the middle stays on flush. Furthermore, please remember the middle sits under the “outer lip” of the front bumper. I’ve attached some pics for reference.

We also advise to use thicker Automotive 3M tape (60 or 90mm) or if you really wanted to some sort of adhesive as almost all other lips/pieces including OEM ones advise. Although, we’ve had many successful installs without any additional use of tape or adhesion other than what is on the piece.

Out of the 150 or so lips in circulation right now, only a very select few have had issues being installed, and all of them were self installs (not professionally installed) until Michael’s above. It’s very possible that the shops have not had experience doing this kind of install, don’t like to do this sort of thing, or some other variables unknown. We have had many successful installs on LHD cars, RHD cars, cars in Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, US, the works, which also leads us to believe that it’s not an international thing, a RHD thing, or anything in between.

Since a very small percentage of people have had issues, this leads us to believe it’s an issue with the way they are being installed, because we have installed plenty, as have several VERY-well recognized shops that are dealers for our products, and all of them have raved about build quality, ease of installation and fitment, specifically when compared to other products (including ones costing twice more).

The nature of our design is a little bit complicated to install because it doesn’t hide or create new lines, but rather hugs and accentuates already existing ones, which is hard to do. If we made a bulkier design that covered more, installation would be a cinch and it would just kind of plop over the bumper – but we didn’t want that. We wanted something sleek and beautiful, and if it requires a little know how to get perfect, that’s something we’re willing to live with.

An installation guide and video is VERY overdue, mainly due to the fact we need a local car that has no mods done to the front end. We’ve had one lined up forever, but the guy hasn’t been able to stop by and our car is always taken apart in pieces. I guess we’re just going to have to do it on our car as a guideline to show people what to do and how to do it. We will film it tomorrow just to have something to give you guys, the iPhone 4 camera is pretty damn good and will have to do just to get something up now.

If you guys show photos of the attempted install, I’d love to take a look and show you were it went wrong – I can assure you it’s an installation problem when only a very small percentage of people have had issues during installation. It’s very hard for us to account for all sorts of variables like intercoolers, bumpers being taken off/on, being hit, misaligned, or banged up, etc.

I think this problem would be fixed with including an installation menu in every box – we’re going to start doing that. Please let me know and let’s get this figured out.

Pics attached for reference: