View Single Post
      07-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #43
dna550
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Agreed that power window buttons on the center console are great and that i-Drive is an abomination as are R-Fs.

Regarding design of BMWs; see:

Chris Bangle, is an American automobile designer and currently the chief of design for the BMW Group. Dutch born Adrian van Hooydonk recently took over the position of head of the BMW brand and is currently the main designer of BMW cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeam81 View Post
Chris Bangle does takes most of the blame, however does anyone really think that he held a gun to the head of everyone at BMW and forced them to submit to his designs. Somehow I have a hard time envisioning BMW collectively doing this just because Bangle said so.

He's not the Antichrist is he?

Anyway, if his kid is getting a M6 then Chris Bangle can adopt me. I'll be more than happy with a 135i.

Although I can't say that I've loved all the new BMW designs, they are distinctive and they are continuing to grow on me. IMHO the 1er coupe is a beautiful fusion of the old with the new. It has elements of the 2002, E30, and E46 combined with a mild bit of the flame surfacing. I think that it should age well, but of course YMMV.

There are lots of good choices out there. If the 1er doesn't do it for you then pickup a E46 M3 or any other equally valid choice.

Oh yeah, to keep it on topic I would keep the RFs until they need replacements.
Appreciate 0