View Single Post
      12-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by p66 View Post
That is almost identical to my setup. Same camber front and rear, same toe setting, and about the same hot tire pressure, and also about 1" lower.. Exceptions are I am running a staggered 265 x 295 tire arrangement with Yoko ad048. And I have AST 4200's so my settings for rebound and compression can't be compared. 400lb front, 750lb rear springs.

I'm not as happy with the staggered setup as I thought I might be. Partially the cost factor of uneven tire wear and not being able to rotate tires. And more understeer mid corner than I would like. I think I'm going to try a square setup next.
Did you take tire temps across the tread? How is your camber(maybe you need more or use a larger anti roll bar)? Have you try to lower the front tire pressures slightly?

Are you bottoming out on the suspension, that will sure lead to loss of traction. Since you don't have suspension telemetry, that will be tough, but not impossible to determine.
Appreciate 0