View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Gimlet
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 BSM 135i

It's not that difficult. I would reccomend a trim-puller tool to help with some of the pesky clips on the A & C Pillars. It requires a bit of gentle force and finesse not to break anything. For the headliner, you have to remove the visors, make-up lights, overhead lights, and the rubber beauty ring around the sunroof beore ou can take it off.

The thoughest part outside of wiggling the thing out of the car (put your car in neutral and tilt it down and spin - reverse the process for the new one) - removing the moon roof panel is a PITA. Tilt the sunroof, and after removing the accordian rubber remove the 3 torx bolts on each side to remove the glass from the top of the car. the moonroof panel is held in by 4 clips (2 per side) that fit into the rails - remove the plastic "pin" that prevents the clips from moving in their carrier and you should be able to pop it out. To et the new one in, put the roof in tilt mode again and wrangle the new panel under the retainer bar at the back, insert the clips into the rails and you are good to go.

There is some trial and error to the latter process to make it work. Just reverse the process for the new pieces and you are good to go.

There are some DIYs on removing the overhead light pieces, and for my project ('09 anthracite liner from '08 grey) I had to paint the lighting pieces as opposed to ordering brand new ones.

Good luck!