View Single Post
      03-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

The Red Intake

I was not going to mention this on the forum until Riss tried to sell it, if they ever do, but then Anthony told me he saw nothing wrong with it after I returned it. He blew off the problems as possible shipping damage, which they clearly are not. They sent this to me as a one-off (I was told it was something they were about to announce as an option but later Anthony claimed they did this just special for me, as if I asked for it or something) when they sent me catless downpipes and after the problems with the plenum and reservoir bracket had surfaced. This had the poorest coating I've ever seen. It was just plain awful. I don't see how anybody could look at that and allow it to leave their shop. This was another big indicator to me as to how poor Riss Racing's quality control is. There's a black stain on the top, or perhaps it's just real thin there. Where a couple of the pipes meet there is no coating at all, and a lot of the welds are thinly coated. Also the red really brings out the poor, clunky welds. And the coating is so thin the original RR logo shows through. To make matters worse, some of the coating is inside and there are pieces of the texture that are hanging loose and could conceivably break off and end up going straight to the turbos.

Seriously, would any of you provide this to a customer that was already unhappy because of your mistakes and delays?

Here the logo shows through and the coating is thin on the welds.

The joint in the center is very poorly done, it appeared burned and silver in different parts.

This photo gives an impression of the overall thinness of the coating.

Either a stain or they missed a lot.

Check out the full sized images. Keep in mind that it was difficult to properly capture this as the texture and poor coating actually imply a poor photo. Also if your monitor is not set correctly the reds may be overpowering and you might not be able to see the problems. It was bad, very, very bad.
Appreciate 0