View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #85
Chris ABP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i F31

Latest news from MILLTEK....

I had a full Milltek system fitted to my 1M and found it to be a great system but a little too refined, too quiet..... So being a UK Milltek dealer I took my car over to their development centre and we set about to give the car some attitude!

We created a non-resonated centre section which replaced the MILLTEK silencer and boy does it now sound great! Ever experienced an RB26 engined R32/33/34 GTR Skyline? Thats the howl my 1M now has when you wind up the revs .

The other great quality MILLTEK always offer is that the system is as quiet or as loud as the driver wants it to be. On cold start up it barks until the revs settle but once up to temperature on constant throttle at 60,70,80,90MPH its not too loud in the car (only marginally louder than stock) but the awful drone associated with the stock BMW system. But when you press the loud peddle it wakes up into a glorious 6-cylinder turbocharged howl and sounds glorious.

Milltek parts available for the 1M are as follows:
Left hand Secondary cat-bypass pipe
Right hand Secondary cat-bypass pipe
Centre silencer assembly (resonated / quieter)
OR NEW Centre section NON-Resonated (louder)
Connecting pipe
Rear silencer assembly with quad 80mm GT80 tailpipes

Pipework is 3"

Here are some images of what MILLTEK offer:

MILLTEK full primary-cat back exhaust system WITH CENTRE SILENCER next to the OE 1M BMW exhaust system:

The MILLTEK Centre silencer & secondary cat-bypass pipes (looking forward to the engine)

Our NEW MILLTEK Non-Resonated (centre silencer removed) centre section & secondary cat-bypass pipes (looking forward to the engine)

And from the rear of the car:

We stock all the MILLTEK parts here in the UK and can send out mail-order to the UK or Export to Europe, Asia, Australia.

Cheers, Chris