Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGraphics View Post
I finally got around to installing the German Ebay Depo LEDs mentioned a few pages back. I must say, they are a 500% improvement over the stock depo bulbs. Do they look as bright as the new BMWs? No. There is still some trail-off as the light gets further away from the bulb. But overall it's not at all bad.

These pictures are real close to what you'll see in the real world. I played with the flash and f-stops of my camera until it captured what my eyes see. The color in my pics is very accurate. At night, they look very intense. During the day - not bad at all, especially considering the price and the fact that I didn't have to open up the housing. Plug and play, and they throw no codes.

One thing I noticed is the LEDs are a bit longer than the stock bulbs, so the end is pressed right up against the backside of the angel eyes.. I really had to push them into the housing to get enough friction to hold them in place. It's really easy to pull the plug back out of the housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGraphics View Post
For those who want a "how to install LEDs into Depo housings tutorial" - it's not necessary. Ever change a christmas tree lightbulb? Same thing. If when you plug it in nothing happens, turn it around. LEDs have polarity.

There's 8 bulbs per headlight, and they're all on a christmas tree light string. Pull them out of the housing, change the bulb, plug them back in.

If changing christmas tree bulbs is confusing, best to pay someone.
Page 11. You can also PM him too GL!