View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

the drivers side is fine... all i've noticed on the drivers side is the leather is really smooth (no grain) on the bottom edge of the seat... i'm assuming that's probably from my jeans rubbing against the leather...

yeah got the car may 1 so 6 months a few days... no worries man none taken... my gf's 5'6 120lbs @ the most so i don't think she's big is she? lol.

i just called my SA so hopefully they'll do something about it... what's with BMW? i've owned a VW and 2 honda's with leather and none of them have ever done this... the mercedes is fine as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
It happens.. usually due to the angle at whice the driver or passanger get in the car..

its almost always the drivers side.. 6 months old ?? with no disrespect is it a large person getting in the car?? in order to avoid the seat may have to be moved back prior to exiting so that it can be easily gotten into..

Warrant per-say, No.. but dealers have been known to repair it <<<<<<< read repair <<<<<<< not replace the seat cover at no charge . ( there are some cases where the replacement was needed due to the stiching / piping becoming un done.

the repair will = a leather / vinyl guy spraying the area in question with leather dye..

you may not want the cover repalced, as all the ones ive seen just dont sit perfect....they always seem to fit a hair loose...

my .02 c