First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_dez View Post
Nice 1. Did you take the parts off the doors etc.. or just lay it over like cling wrap.
I removed all of the interior trim first - The bits I did already are the easiest to remove. I could have removed the trim around the gear stick, but I want to do the ash tray piece at the same time so that I can align the weave better & I didn't really have the time to pull the whole console out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Very nice. How long did it take you?
It all took a couple of hours, while watching TV etc. Could do it all a lot quicker now, it gets a lot easier as you get used to doing the corners using the hair dryer etc.

I was umming and ahhing about whether to get the 3M Di-noc matte CF vinyl or the newer 3M 1080 CF vinyl (which isn't ultra glossy compared to some other CF vinyl wraps). I initially was leaning towards the matte, but I purchased the 1080 as it is easier to work with and more available.

I'm really happy how its turned out so far - thanks for all the positive comments.
I was actually surprised how easy it is to do, especially as getting it done by a pro costs a packet, I just assumed that it was hard to do.
I just wanted to ensure that the weave was all flowing in the same direction.

I'll update with better pics once I've finished it.

cheers
Appreciate 0