View Single Post
      02-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #1
pwrpg
Rep
Drives: BMW E87 2005

Smile Refurb: 17" BBS RT082 for my E87

Hi to all bimmer lovers and greetings from Slovenia.

I used to be 13+ yrs in JDM Hondas but now I have 2 young boys and latest mint civic EG6 was... obsolete.

Wheels are among some of the 1st mods we do and I was bit disappointed - OEM wheels, tons of reps and few aftermarket ones. I was about to buy 18" LM reps (not happy to be one among thousands with the same wheels) but then I got 'lucky' and found those.

2 piece BBS RT082, 8.0Jx17 and ET+40 all around.
Only 1200 sets were made for (ex.) Italian BMW tuning company Cetoni at the end of the 80’s. One center cap is missing but hey have never been refurbished, no dents or major damage. Interesting things are the rivets and not M7 screws with sky high prices. I can use M8 so I’ll go with button-head torx stainless steel screws.

WTF!? BMW stickers over BBS. No way!

More like it. Almost mint.

Still with paper factory decals.

Aluminum oxidation is normal after 20+ years. But this is no worry.

Rivets...

Plans:
- Polished and clear powder coated lips.
- Flushed valve stems (if thy will fit). If not then I’ll put BBS.
- Wheel center bright white, bright silver, LM gold, OEM look,… no idea yet. I have black E87, ’08, 5 door.
- Same center caps (have to buy one). Or I’ll draw and put on some custom 3D stickers as for my ex. 15” BBS RM012. That came out great ‘instead’ of buying red/gold caps for ridiculous price.

- Stud conversion kit
- 60 mm long black or any other lug nuts (Depending on finished wheels look)
- 225/45R17 tire set (no idea yet if this is ok for front and rear setup)
- and some Eibcah Sporline springs or H&R springs.

Maybe not the prettiest wheels but I will definitely have something different. That’s good enough for me.

I also draw/made design for my t-shirts.

That's it for now (and sorry for my bad english).
Appreciate 0