View Single Post
      05-17-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I buy mine thru AAFES. Both the on-base car care center and the PX sells Mobil-1 (0w40)in the black label. UPC #07192444962. I paid $6.49 per quart - just the other day. Have them order you some. You will need seven quarts but I would order more IF they do not stock it. Six quarts come in a case. Same UPC number. Is there another base near by that you can call or check with?

The APO military mail system DOES ship oil. At least I have ordered and recieved oil thru the mail before! I think WE can not send it though... but you can recieve it! Kind of like cigerettes and some other banned things. We can not mail those things from here, but we can recieve them! lol

Do the bases in Spain use a VAT form? Where you go to MWR and pay a small fee for a form that gets us out of paying the local taxes. Here in Germany the tax is 19% and a form costs $4 each. When I buy my auto parts I use them. I get the best price that way. For instance... for a 5liter jug of Costrol Edge RS (Bmw LL-4) the oil sells for 75 euros. But I can buy it for 50 euros with one of those forms - at this place (Stahlgube). You could asked at your local dealer what the price would be with one of these forms?

Or... just go the mail order route from the states.
Appreciate 0