Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Went in to have the 2nd anniversary service performed this morning, and mentioned to the service advisor about this known issue. He ran a check and noted there was indeed a bulletin, and then contacted the on-site parts guy and discovered they had the new liners on hand, so the service was performed under the warranty.

The new liners with the stock tires passed the litmus test, which is backing up my moderately inclined driveway and turning full lock to the right for a short distance to access the 3rd bay in the garage.

No longer experiencing that obnoxious burned plastic aroma.

This had been my only gripe about the 1 M to date. So with nothing else to whine about this is now the perfect horseless carriage in my eyes and heart.
I have now had two dealers (Patrick and Motorwerks, both Chicago burbs) deny the presence of a bulletin; also stated since rubbing was taking place with non-BMW wheels (same spec tho, including offset) and tires (Michelin Pilot winters in the specified 235/40 18's) that could not help...Do you have way of finding actual bulletin?
Appreciate 0