02-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
If you buy a BBK, I don't see how expecting a Track pad is reasonable. On the street the pads you received should be more than reasonable. If you want to track, you should buy real track pads, PFC, Carbotech, Hawk DTC-70/60, Pagids and so on.

I can understand the frustration if it was streets and they were worn out after a couple of months. But tracking the car, you really should be looking for track specific pads, and those unless you buy Endurance compound, will not last that long either.

I'll probably take the front only route when I decide on a BBK, not entirely sure the rears are necessary. As of right now, two track days on new XP12 Carbotech on the rears, and they are untouched it seems, the fronts however were gone after 3 days. Using the RP2 endurance compound to see if it last longer.

But like I said, look into a Pagid RS29 or PFC 08, those pads last a long time and are true proven track pads.

Last edited by yandy; 02-11-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0