07-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
maddad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraking View Post
Bah. I hate the new styling of all BMW's newest cars. They're way too long, no aggressiveness to them. I want a car that looks mean, I think the 1 is the only one left in the lineup that does (and from the looks of it, that's going to change...)
Ditto on that. The U.S 1 is the only BMW in the line up that has that old school(well E46 and E30) toughness look to it. They nailed the front end perfect on the 1, the side grows you you in a big way. That bathtub curve reviewers always complain about grabs sunlight and bends it to make the car look dripping wet from the profile..you don't appreciate it until you own the car and see parked next to others, and while a bit stubby the 1 is the only BMW that has a rear end that isn't ugly. The rear tail lamps look more in line with the older BMWs when they looked good. If the 1 wasn't on the market when I was looking I would not be in a BMW right now..and if the new 1 (whenever it comes out) looks anything like the above...looks like the only BMW in my future is a used M3.

Rich