Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Feeler: FS / 261s / gunmetal / re-furbished

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I bought these (18" wheels) from a forum member but then found some 269s which look great on my 1er. So, i fixed the curb rash (see pics), but the Wurl silver paint did not match the original color so I decided to paint the wheels gunmetal. They actually turned out better than I expected, so I would like to re-coupe the cost I paid for the wheels and materials used to re-furbish these wheels. That said, I like it so much that if I do not receive a good offer I will keep them as a back up since we all know the Chicago roads eat wheels up.

FYI...just so you know I did not just take paint and spray the wheels. The process I used is below and the kit is from rimpainter.com. It was just easier to find all of the materials (Duplicolor) from one location since I could not find all from one store here in Chicago. The process is very similar to the one recommended by rimpainter:

Process:
Spray process Sheet1.pdf

FYI...I also ordered new M-emblem stickers for the wheels since they were destroyed in the attempt to remove them from the wheels.

Pics (one minor dent by the penny, only outside lip so should not affect roundness. The majority of this dent was repaired from an aesthetic perspective as both curb rash marks):

Name:  261 pic 1.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  118.2 KB Name:  261 pic 2.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  293.8 KB

Name:  DSC_2074.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  161.4 KB

Name:  DSC_2077.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  154.0 KB

I paid $575 (including shipping) for these wheels. I will not accept anything less than $500 for the wheels alone. The highest bidder wins, or I keep them PAYPAL payment ONLY...

The buyer is liable for the freight. Please see the link below for your estimated freight cost, and I will use my local UPS store for the freight so it is fairly accurate...my zip is 60004:

https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request

Package size (each box - 4 boxes total): 20" x 20" x 12"

Weight of each box: 25 lbs

BMWCCA member

Last edited by ken1137; 10-20-2011 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0