Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmasterx View Post
I'm sad that I'll apparently miss this season... but you guys have fun!

@nchiarel:
As rachel said:
Step 1: buy a BMW-CCA membership ~$50

Step 2: figure out what details you need to know about your car (tire size, etc.), so that you can be classed correctly.

Step 3: Determine the sign-up date and register for the auto-x event before noon on the sign-up day to ensure you get a spot

Step 4: Get to the Auto-X at Deven airfield near Ayer around by 7:30am on the day, to prep, get your car checked, and walk the course.

Step 5: Ignore And1's addict-like shaking and speed-talking, and focus on driving, and have fun.

Step 6: Ask yourself why you have to wait a whole month for the next event...

Step whenever: buy an approved helmet, Snell 2010 is probably your best bet. (you could also borrow a loaner helmet at the event, but they are limited and probably have 100s of other's peoples head-sweat on them)

hey now! @artmasterx you know you're fiending as bad as i am. i just post about it

........all the time

@nchiarel i used to have a b5 a4 with a little work done to it. really wish i got that thing out to autocross. i think you'll have a blast with an awd turbo car with some torque

really tho, just get your ass out there! everybody preached it to me, but for some bizarre reason i was lazy to get into it. but lemme tell you...you get hooked quick. i haven't missed a single event since i started. and the whole crew is awesome

Appreciate 0