View Single Post
      03-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #51
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Had a "professional" bodyshop paint and install the trunk. Kind of dark when I picked it up (as you can tell), but it looks like they did a super job in matching up the Le Mans blue paint.

They said they had a heck of a time getting all of the trim back together, and when I picked it up this evening they still had not figured out how to hook up the emergency locking handle and its cable, so the trunk lining is just snug enough to not fall off until I can figure out if I want to take it back for them to dork with, or handle it on my own.

Which is one of the reasons I'm posting here.

If there's anyone here about to swap out the drunk using this DIY could you take a pic of the cable for the emergency locking handle on the stock trunk to see where it attaches to on the trunk, or is it just hanging kind of loose.

And for those that already did the mod can you remember where you attached the cable to make it snug on the trunk, inside the lining? If you can post a pic it would be appreciated, as this kind of stuff is really not up my alley.

As the OP mentioned apparently there is a lot of "tweaking" that needs to be done to get the trim to fit properly.

They tried to insert one of the shocks, but were afraid to finish it when they heard some minor flexing noises in the trunk.

So currently I'm also shockless. The trunk does go way back, almost against the rear glass before it stops. And when closing it you have to give it a firm slam to seat it.

I checked with a company (can't remember their name off hand, but they are located in Japan.....TKlein maybe?) if they made special shocks for CF trunks, but they responded not at this time.

It's definitely livable as it is, you just have to be vigilant when opening and closing the trunk.

I'll definitely post better pics later on when it warms up and I've had a chance to tidy up the remaining bits that are still not done.
Attached Images

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0