03-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcjag View Post
This is may or may not be a factor in the lease vs buy (finance) debate, but it is underpinning my decision to buy instead of leasing.

If I get it, the 135i will be the first new car I've ever acquired that I already know I'll want to take on a track (at least a few times each summer). I'm assuming any track use would violate the terms of most leasing agreements, so that means buying is my only option.

Am I correct, or is it possible to lease a car and openly use it on a track?
I asked a friends about his lease as he takes his car on the track. The lease states that he must have valid insurance on the car. His insurance does not cover the track. Therefore he is technically violating his lease. However, he figures wether he ownes the car or leases it if he wreck it on the track then he is out a car! He tracked his last car often with no problems and turned it in at the end of teh elase with no problems. He did say that modifying the car for the track was a bigger issue. He wanted to do more to the car but he knew it needed to be returned to stock when his lease was up (he knew he would not buy out the car). This was ona Audi S4.
Appreciate 0