09-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #15
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Some further updates. It's vinyl wrapping time!

I got my hands on some 3M Scotchprint 1080 vinyl wrap for my standard glacier aluminium trim and got to work. The door and dash trim was very easy to remove and wrap. My attempt at the bends on the door trim wasn't perfect but I'm generally pretty happy with the results. The carbon look definately makes the interior look much tougher. While I was at it I also measured up the stock auto shifter and cut a piece of wrap to size. Again it isn't perfect but I think it matches up quite nicely and gives the auto knob a fresh look.

3M wrap purchased from here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110900699...84.m1439.l2649

Next step is to figure out how to wrap the centre console with minimal work. The tutorials I've read that suggest you have to pull the entire centre console out just to remove the two trim pieces has slightly put me off. Anybody in Brisbane performed this who wants to give me a hand...

Now some pics to show the process and half finished result:

I also had a chance to properly clean my wheels and apply a Nanolex Premium coating to them. They're nice and shiny now and the coating should make it 100x easier to clean off brake dust during washing.

I have a few parts on their way so more updates soon!
Appreciate 0