View Single Post
      04-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #18
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelly View Post
Any numbers for the CP-E downpipe yet, i am curious what kind of gains you will get.
Gains will not be seen in numbers if running from the stock ecu. The stock ecu is far too adaptable and quickly compensates for the changes the DP's introduce. Real power differences will be felt with an ecu tune, as most on the market today are designed to adapt to upgraded intakes and exhaust. In other words, a 135 running a JB3 with stock exhaust will produce lower numbers than a 135 with a JB3 with a full catless turbo-back exhaust. With the stock ecu in control, the primary difference you will note between a stock exhaust car and a catless (or CP-E's catted for that matter) turbo-back is engine response and lag time reduction. I am running CP-E's full turbo-back with catted DP's, and the first thing everyone notices is the greatly improved throttle response and complete lack of turbo-lag.

Oh, and over 3000 miles with my CP-E exhaust and no CEL's or error codes, as per the BT scan tool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0