View Single Post
      01-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #14
scotth944
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 86' 944, 12' Gulf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Happy you got something out of it, guys.

By subframe you mean the torsion tube mounting on the 944T? Agreed the subframe mounts, assuming everything mounts to one subframe, is probably good and safe if the can be done; I'm traveling and need to look at the subframe to see if that's safe when I get back. The primary difference between the 997S and 997 GT3 is simply that the rubber subframe bushings are replaced with aluminum, it increases NVH but reduces overall play. The 997 RS 4.0 goes on the replace the lower arm bushing with a spherical bearing, cuts camber loss under load, etc, the trick is knowing which bushing to replace and if it's going to do anything ugly.
Yes in the case of the 944, it was both the torsion tube to body mounts but I also replaced the trailing arm bushings to tube mounts as well.

Since the 1M uses a subframe to mount the suspension links to which then mount to the body, I would think there might be something to gain besides more road noise for track use, the rest of the setup is going to have some issues doing this given the 5 link geometry setup you had discussed.
Appreciate 0