Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocow View Post
Hi all,

thinking of getting some VRSF 3" N54 catless Downpipes. I have a few questions;

How much real-life performance benefit do DP's add, considering I currently have Cobb Stage 1, so I assume I can go to Stage 2?

How much louder will the stock exhaust be with the DP's?

How much $$$ to have them installed?

Cheers
I was thinking of getting some VRSF downpipes as well. If you were in Sydney I'd propose sharing shipping =Þ

From what I've read, you will get about a 20-30hp improvement by changing to 3" catless DPs. If you are able to change to a more aggressive tune by changing the DPs I'd think that the gain would be even more than that.

Davo135i's car had AR DPs with stock exhaust which I heard when we went to Wakefield in September. It's maybe mildly louder at most but there's a change in the tone of the exhaust. There's a slight increase in the mechanical nature of the sound which I assume is attributable to being able to hear the turbos.

As for how much to get them installed I'm not entirely sure. I'd guess an experienced installed could do it in under 2 hours from what I've read. I want to try and install them myself though, which I've heard can take all day for someone who's inexperienced