123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMX5 View Post
Belgium has a much harsher tax system than most countries but even they don't have this! (the gf is from Rosselare near Brugge and *she* thinks tax in Aus sucks!)
Yep, I will happily complain for hours about the Belgian tax rates but at least they make more sense.

I pay a lot in registration tax but it is calculated on CO2 emissions, not luxury/the price of your car. It demonstrates that the govt has an actual purpose behind the tax which is to reduce the environmental impact of cars, rather than just raping those who want to buy a nice car.

And it also means that, if I wanted, I could have bought a 120d with all the same luxury but a bit less power/emissions and paid much less registration tax. Likewise, a 520d here pays less tax than a 125i because its emissions are less.

LCT though, as mentioned, just an envy tax and an excuse for gathering revenue.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0