View Single Post
      01-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #29
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
You are asking for "evidence of my knowledge" knowing very well that such evidence cannot be presented. I don't have a screen capture to give you. Nor is there a print out that I can post online. Shouldn't it be up to Terry to prove that he is right? Or maybe he should just spent more time trying to figure out why his supposedly "invisible" tunes are tripping manipulation/warranty codes. Our product speaks for itself

Shiv
No....for once I am not going to let this digress into another argument about you and Terry.

I think you have some great ideas.

Your concept about throttle closure interference makes a lot of sense to me in many ways because I do feel it's effect....but this also concerns me in other ways relating to safety mechanisms that BMW has built in.

Both tunes are making a lot more power than BMW programmed them for, so I can understand what you mean when you say that the DME just gets in the way of that additional power because it doesn't know about it....and therefore tries to correct it. In the process it closes the throttle plate and this hinders rather than helps performance.

Just makes sense as you phrased it so many times!

But so does the speed delimiter debate.

It just makes sense to me that all of the fundamental information would be stored when a code is tripped, including what gear you are in at the time.

You must have learned about this from somewhere in your research about how the BMW DME works.

I think it reasonable that some of us would like to see this for ourselves so that we can make the informed decisions you refer to.
Appreciate 0