///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
If it's a good car who cares how many they make? And seriously the RS4 over the M3? you're more worried about status than the car.
Yes, absolutely seriously, and if I had to do it all over, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. And I say this being a total BMW whore. The RS 4 is my first and only Audi so far. And the car it replaced...a Dinan S2 E39 M5. So that should speak volumes. In fact if you look at the RS 4 boards, you will quickly realize a lot of the owners are/were M5 owners.

And in fact, a year after I purchased the RS over the M3 when it was time to chose a stable mate, I went with the 135i over the M3. In both cases, budget was not a constraint or the issue that deterred me from buying the M3, I went with the car that made both sense from a fun factor, looks, practicality, and "win your heart" standpoint. Has nothing to do with status. If I wanted that latter, I would have picked the M3 over the 135i, don't you think? Or buy it now instead of lining up for the 1 ///M. To me the E9x was a huge letdown, enough to actually make me switch over to the folks at quattro GmbH.

I am a member of the Manhattan Classic Car club (http://classiccarclubmanhattan.com/). Among our inventory of cars was an E90 M3, now replaced by...an RS 4, all because of popular demand by our many members. Both cars can be considered modern classics, because the direction we are headed I doubt you will be seeing NA V8s in a mid size sedan any time soon. True car aficionados like myself buy cars for the joy they bring, not anything else you are trying to imply.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0