View Single Post
      10-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Even stock 245/35s get close to rubbing or do rub sometimes on some cars (not mine but almost) so no wonder that 255/35s rub cause they are bigger diameter (26 vs. 25.8) like all other 35 profile probable sizes (265 or 275). If you go 30 profile, like you did with the rears, then the problem with 255 or 265/30s will be having horrible wheel gap, but on the other hand, 275/30s should not have that. They will also fit with stock 9 inch wide wheels. I never heard anyone with that size but they have slightly smaller diameter than the 245/35 stocks (25.6 vs. 25.8). All these measurements I am borrowing from tire rack site for PSS by the way, but should be similar with any other brand tire since the same logic applies to all.

One thing I don't know if the front and rear (275 and 295 30s) will have too much tire falling out of the arches or will they still look decent.

So, I am thinking that if 295/30 fits the rear without issues why not 275/30s at the front then? Wouldn't we have the max tire but keep a somewhat stock-wise balance? Of course, both turn in and traction would be on a different level. I would like to hear someone with the knowledge tell me such a crazy stupid idea it is while kindly explaining the reasons why
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0