View Single Post
      06-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I'm a little anal retentive and would not run drilled / slotted rotors on the front and standard ones on the back.....would just look silly IMHO.

I picked up some DBA 4000 series rotors this morning for my 335, premium gold painted cross-drilled & slotted for both the front and the rear.

Got a very good price from Adam at Auto-One in Waitara and they should look damn nice without the usual BMW rust you get on the stock ones. The standard DBA's were $205/corner and the 4000 series ones were $90/$80 more expensive so not too bad. They also have little heat/temp sensor painted bits that should be useful on the track.

As the rears were not a stock item they took about a month to be made, but maybe the 130 versions are available off the shelves?

Pads I've gone with Hawk Street, not tried them as yet but apparently the equivalent to cool carbon. Bought the pads, sensors and some filters etc from the US, Turner Motorsport. They were out of stock for a week or two but once in stock the items shipped with USPS in about 4-5 days.

Will take some pics during the install on Saturday, will be my first rotor change myself (have done pads before) so crossing fingers it's not too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130iWanted View Post
Need new rear rotors and pads real soon, like last week, not in a position to go BBK yet and even if I were, the fronts would get priority! What are some good brands and places to get both bog standard replacements and something a bit more visually appealing such as slotted items?

Also thinking of getting Cool Carbon pads, anyone have experience with those?

Got quoted the following from a local garage.

Dba vented $240 pair
Bendix Ultimates $180 pair

Thoughts?
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0