View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

To the OP: not sure who has been "keeping secrets" about fabricating side skirts (or if anyone has actually asked any questions)... it's not a very complicated process. As far as the part, I would suggest against purchasing that exact curved unit and, instead, running with a piece that's a uniform length and width that's around 6-7'' wide. Remember that the stock skirts bulge a LOT in the middle and dive in toward the wheel arches. The performance skirts (Which I used) do not curve as much.

You're going to have to cut some holes for the oem skirt pressure clips as well as notch out the area for the lift inserts. Tape will not be enough for the skirts. You can use some self-tapping screws or (what I did) create a mounting setup for the addons to mount to the skirt using the OEM hardware. If I were to do it over again, I would drill out the holes completely where the pressure clips are and use a thin piece of metal affixed to the top of the skirt to give the clips something to attach to. I personally used closed-cell pvc which was then paint-matched.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here's a couple of pictures.

Appreciate 2