View Single Post
      05-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #40
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

It's a good question Patricia. We talked about this on some other threads a while back. Honestly, it's up to you what you can stand. I am *very* particular when I pay MSRP and wait 2 months for a car.

I just got a call today and my car made it out of dealer prep and is released to the truck for Houston. I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

I will be bringing my camera, checking for dents scratches, making sure everything works. My dealer has very specific instructions NOT to wax the car. Only wash it, as they generally use crappy wax and do a poor job. Also, I want to see what the paint looks like without wax so I have an idea of what I am starting with. I plan to wash, clay bar, paint seal and apply 2 additional coats of Best of Show wax. All from Griots. I'm getting Jet Black so it's gonna take some Love :wub:.

Just remember, until you sign for the car it is not yours. I would never accept a car that had a scratch requiring a fender to be repainted. Ever. That repaint can be picked up with a paint thickness meter and instantly bottoms out the price of your car on resale.

After I get my 135i Vert I will post pictures and discuss how it went.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]