Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
After switching to Stoptech's BBK and HPS pads, I do find that limit braking in a straight line isn't hard to control to the ABS threshhold, but if you're trying to trail brake into a corner and rotate the car, ABS kicks on quickly and lasts near until I fully lift off.

It seems that it's less the F/R differences in wheel speeds that kick on ABS and more L/R in my opinion. Is this the same thing you're noticing that the ABS is kicking on at turn in or in a straight line?
Haven't really noticed it trail braking, maybe a couple of times. It mostly is on a straight line, coming in with allot of speed and braking hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Using DTC70/60 pads, I found it so easy to activate ABS, I stopped bedding in to reduce the friction (added benefit is no squeal). I can still activate ABS very easily, but not way too easily like before.

I just remembered, one guy I was talking to said my ABS activates so easily because the DTC70/60 pads are overpowering my Yoko AD08 tires. I don't know. I try to picture that, but I don't really get it.
This actually makes sense, which is probably why I noticed it more towards the later end of my NT-01 tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by int2str View Post
No problems here.
I'm actually pleasantly surprised how long the ABS stays "out of the way" before it kicks in.
What setup are you running?