02-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #62
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBoss View Post
The E46 M3 and the E9X M3 are two COMPLEEEETLY different cars. You cannot make a statement saying the 1M has a faster Nurburing lap time than the M3 when you are referring to the E46. Also, your statement that the 1M and the M3 are basically the same cars is also absolutely absurd.
Your right, I should have elaborated a little more. My point being is that the new 1M shares many of the same components as its big brother M3 (E9x)does it not? Same chassis, shortened 3 inches. Same brakes and rotors etc... And it has better lap times than the previous gen M3 (E46)... Nonetheless, some may think this is comparing apples and oranges but I look at it like, they share the same bloodline and to some degree -components. Performance numbers obviously vary quite a bit from the E46, 1M, to the E9x but to ignore this car as being a "M" is absurd in itself...
Not everyone will drop $70k on a M3 without considering other brands in that price bracket (that will out-perform an M3)... I think what people are trying to say here is, that the new 1M is more affordable, it has good performance numbers, and it's an M
Appreciate 0