View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
Really fun review and a neat idea to compare these cars. I wish they went more into the differences between the 1M and M3 rather than just saying how many parts are carried over. The engines almost couldn't be any more different, and it's something that really sets the M3 apart from not just the 1M but most other cars.
i think thats a fair point.

i would say the cars definitely feel pretty similar overall, having owned both. the 1m is more jumpy and eager to turn in, and swing the tail around. personally, i am faster on the track in my 1M than i was in my M3, and thats partially because i feel more confident in the 1M.

the engines are very different as is the smoothness in the driving experience. for me personally, driving the 6mt in the 1M is a much easier experience than in the m3. the revs drop and raise very quickly in the m3, so it was more of a challenge to drive smoothly around town. it also had a boosted feeling clutch, so for me, it took a lot of focus.

i really like both cars, but prefer the aggression and more immediate nature of the 1M, and the fact that excitement and power are more accessible on a daily basis.

i think that point came accross well in the interview, and was why one guy chose the m3 over the 1M and the other vice versa.

overall, fun video. i enjoyed the presentation.
Appreciate 0