///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
I was alluding to the current 5.0...but, using the Fox body as throwback, you may not like them, but they are endlessly tuneable and have untold mods. I respect Ford for what it has done. And let's be fair, Ford is repsonsible for Aston Martin's turn around, their V12s, V8s, Jag's current offerings, Volvo as well. They helped fund the XJ220 (yes it has a Renault V6)...and Ford-Cosworth was a beast back in the day. And then when they couldn't buy Ferrari, they beat them with the Daytona Coupe, got with Dallara, Shelby, and a English firm and produced the GT40, and Ford has more Le Man's victories than BMW.

If Ford really wanted to, they possibly could have Ford of Europe design a Mustang to enter in DTM, possibly do very well. Since I don't know the rules, they may allow a car without IRS to have a special track IRS.
I was referring to the comment about the cars in the video. I was comparing BMW makes in that series (touring cars) to the comment about who really came up with "ultimate driving machine". That would be the E30 M3. Don't even compare the ford of that era to the E30 M3 success.

T
Appreciate 0