12-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #236
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
Well it has been a fun run... with all the speculation finally put aside I have to say it is a very sharp looking car and the interior is nothing short of spectacular.

However, for myself... straight up I am not buying a car for the interior and quite frankly the car is simply too fat and a good 50hp underpowered from where it should have been.

With a $46,000 price tag, that means it will likely be coming to Canada with a $58,000 price tag (based on how other cars are priced) and that is a $15,000 premium for 29hp, an LSD and 70lbs of weight reduction.

I just don't get it... this could have been great, but trying to keep it down below the M3 has turned it into a bit of a dud. Unless it does magical things on the track when C&D or R&T gets their hands on it for testing, I am out.
You are missing the whole point of this car. It will drive like an M, and that experience alone should justify an extra 10-15K. It should be finely tuned and balanced. The last thing that car needed was power, and with a chip problem solved anyways. We should all drive it before not liking it
Appreciate 0