hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getagrip View Post
I'm thinking Nokian Hakka 7 studded 225/45-18 on an 18x8 wheel.

This is what I used on my e46 M3 without spacers.TR Motosport C2(Light Grey Painted). & Perelli Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II(Performance Winter/Snow)235/40 18. I plan to use 12 mm spacers with these. I have been driving in Buffalo NY since 1977 and have owned BMWs since 1994. Our weather is very changeable and I put them on 11/1 and take them off 4/1. During this time I travel to both Vermont and North Carolina. These tires can handle both climates. Everytime I try another tire I always come back to Pirelli. These are a true snow tire ;none of that upper layer all season tire business.

I know this setup fits the car because I had a wheel & tire ruined in June and had to use the snow wheels/tires for a trip to Vermont
Below is the tirerack blurb on this tire:
The Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II (Series 2) is Pirelli's V-speed rated Performance Winter / Snow tire developed for the drivers of premium, high performance vehicles facing challenging wintertime road conditions as they drive their cars year-round. The Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II was developed with the philosophy that winter / snow tires must perform in a variety of unpredictable weather conditions and aren't just for use in the snowbelt states. Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II tires are designed not just as snow tires, but as seasonal tires suitable for the weather and road conditions typically experienced in parts of the U.S. between November and April by providing traction and handling in dry, wet, cold and wintry conditions.
Attached Images

Last edited by hollysmac; 08-07-2011 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0