View Single Post
      05-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
imported_Dodgy
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: SG 135i 6M

Aussies' First Drive

It would seem that I have the honour of the first Australian addict to drive their own 135i home. i am going to love this car, and will bore you guys to tears over the next few weeks with my thoughts.

Got home at 5.30, and it was dark by the time the kids were put to bed, so proper photos will have to wait a day or two.

Immediate Impressions
1/ Engine: You've heard it all. Nothing to add. Brilliant.
Can cruise @ 60 in fifth- 1500rpms, through roundabouts, just keeps pulling. Haven't gone over 4000rpm, hit 120 in a flash. (Going to love Alexandra Ave-Eastern Freeway entrance).
2/ Pedals-footwell a little cramped and slightly off centre to seat. Pedals close together and will take getting used to.
3/ Seat has to be set low. I like high driving position, but I end up getting close to roof (note: sunroof taking up some *******, and top of steering wheel cuts off top of instrument display. Will take a bit of fiddling to get right.
4/ Seats comfy. but have a strange "seam" sensation on occasions. Can't explain it.
5/ Love Comfort Access. Wanker is as wanker does :biggrin:
6/ Seat belt is a long reach back. I might have to get used to having the seat a little back and drive with legs more extended.
7/ Love the manual stick, but the CDV might have to go.

That's all that comes to mind for now. Will start a new "Aussies' First Drive" post with this as well.
Attached Images