Thread: M135i
View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #69
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

I just noticed in the German web site that the xdrive versions for 3 and 5 doors of M135i are finally included now. It is fun to play with that, so many options to choose from unlike 1M. Xdrives are claimed to be 0.2 sec. faster to 60 mph than both 1M and M135i/8 speed auto (factory says 4.7 to 100 km/h vs. 4.9 for rwd and auto box version, the same 4.9 for 1M). Chris Harris recently tested the rwd auto against the RS3 and found that the 0-60 comes a bit earlier than 4.5 secs which is on par with 1M tests (less weight and auto box helps the less powerful M135i). So, basically xdrives may be able to go 4.3 or so. However, they are considerably heavier than rwd versions, even heavier than the 1M (1515 kg. for 3 door, 1520 kg. 5 door without the driver vs. 1495 kg. for 1M; by comparison a 3 door M135i rwd with manual box weighs only 1425 kg. while the auto is 1440 kg.), this should ultimately affect both the handling and in gear performance negatively for the xdrive versions, so there are advantages and disadvantages to consider as always. Lastly, the xdrives come with sport auto gear box and sport variable stering, they are not available with manual. Could really be a great DD in its 5 door trim especially if you live somewhere with real winter conditions. 1M and M135i xdrive 5-door together in the garage should answer most of desires for most of us.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0