Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
AchtungE30 European Delivery, day-by-day report with pics!

Well just got back from our 10 day long to Europe. I think right now the consensus is that we are glad to be home, not that we did not enjoy our stay in EU but we've grown a new appreciation for the simplicities and conveniences of American living. We both got a mild cold from the change in weather from New Jersey to Paris/Munich and trying to get American cold remedies is simply impossible over there. The closest we could come up with was an apothecary in Munich that had Halls and Ricola...

Well anyway here goes the story...

Day 1 - Leaving EWR, stopping over at Dulles then off to Paris, France 9/15-9/16 time zone change

Bags are packed

Me looking like your average 80's BMW snob owner!

Our Embraer ER4 plane with stopover from EWR to Dulles.

Wife and I on the really cramped plane, 45min flight to Dulles.

Wife and I now onboard our Boeing 777 from Dulles to Paris CDG

Wifey trying to fall asleep with full Brookstone gear that we bought, but it couldn't defeat the annoyance of the toddler sitting behind her kicking the seat and screaming for 7 hours.

After the red-eye flight and a 2 hour powernap + 100 euro lunch at the fancy hotel restaurant, we took to the streets. We had a reservation for the red Paris hop-on hop-off bus but as we didn't really have our bearings, we had to find the bus stops.

So we finally catch up to the red bus and got up to the top deck, big mistake it was to not bring our sweaters, man was it cold!!!

Where we had dinner, Parisian Cafe style

It was really cool how we didn't really know how to hail a Parisian Cab at night, so a local stopped in front of us on his bicycle and very nicely and politely explained to us that Parisian cabs have the TAXI light off when off duty or have passengers and the light it on when they're vacant and ready for pick-ups...unlike the clear on/off duty of NYC cabs.

The hotel we stayed at which was pretty nice.