View Single Post
      09-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #24
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Wow, I'm surprised this topic went anywhere given the vague original post.

I'm also surprised that Frank doesn't feel that anyone has aggressively fit a One yet. In my mind any setup that scrubs is aggressive. Largely due to limited wheels choices that would fit better, we have a few dozen members on this site that are rolled, cambered, trimmed, etc and still scrubbing. I guess I haven't seen any seriously stretched tires on Ones but that's about it. Btw, another big concern with stretching is you have your rims sticking out exposed to all sorts of curbing type damage that can occur without even hitting a curb.

My rolled fenders and slightly stretched rears still scrub. That's too aggressive for me. I'm planning to try to have my wheels machined, if not I'll just try to find a tire width/side profile that will fit better.

I'm running Hankook 245/35's on my 19x9.5 et 45 rears. I was just researching published tread widths, weights, etc. earlier today. I had planned Sdrives but now today I think I changed my mind and will try some General Exclaim UHPs. The Generals are listed 2lbs lighter and with a 0.6 inch less wide tread width at $28 less per tire and a higher surveyed rating. I hear they have a relatively soft sidewall too which is also something I don't.

Anyone here have experience with Generals?
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0