View Single Post
      04-07-2008, 03:09 AM   #5
Barricade
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Both are very tight, with the 135 having more legroom. The 135 would be absolutely perfect without a sunroof. I feel your pain on the extra cost. Even though I'm a fan of RWD, I actually looked at the Mazdaspeed3. It's actually very comfortable for me and reasonably priced. The STI is decent as well, but has some cheaper plastics than the MS3. The Evo seats are just tight, too tight. They would be great for autocross day, but would make me miserable as my daily driver. The cloth material screamed cheap as well and no telescoping steering wheel made getting comfortable more difficult. I have a hard time thinking of paying 135i money for an STI. If it was $30K instead of $35K, it'd be a much better deal. I still may go drive one though.
Yeah the mazdaspeed 3 is a terrific car. I have no problems with FWD. You eventually get used to and can control the torque steer after driving a while. The STI and EVO really disappointed me in person. The Evo is nice looking but horrible inside. At first glance though, neither vehicle warrants such high prices. I mean the Lancer GTS which is 18 grand has the exact same interior (basically) as the EVO minus the not comfortable recaros. If the EVO and STI were 27-30, then they would be semi-bargains. Like my mustang, I got mine 27,500 before taxes. Not bad considering the sticker was 32,500 (and it's a special edition). People can rag on the mustang all day long, but it's a car that never pretends to be something it isnt.

You looking to get sick or auto?
Appreciate 0