View Single Post
      04-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #73
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
I know this "narrower" tire stuff makes no sense. But it's really not that confusing. I'm sure you bought shoes that were your size but were too small or too large. The same applies to tires, manufacturers just don't measure consistently. A 255 Toyo or Falken is basically as wide as most 245 or maybe even some 235 R compounds.

If your 255 tire rubs if you go to 245 it will be tucked in 5mm more on each side and has less chance of rubbing. Same applies to a tire listed as 255 that's really more like a 245.

Camber helps too. Most say a degree of camber gains about 5mm or room.

Adrean, in pics it's obvious that you are using full fitting tires for your wheels. I'm not saying that you want to since your wheels are custom but I'm pretty sure that you could go to narrower tires and not rub. Eagles and Advans are not narrowly measured tires.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0