08-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
I've installed mine at a dealer and yes there are some issues but wouldnt call it worrying issues with this kit ..

its never clear when the valves are open or closed even if the button inside the car shows white but you can feel it that its open because of the wiring and lighting .. if I keep the lighting to auto then it keeps it switched on even it i press the valve button .. but if i keep the lighting on off then it remains fine and quiet and only opens according to the button.
Is your key fob flashing? Because it should be obvious when the valve is open / closed. In my case, when hooked up to the tail lights, it would only operate if the light switch was in the parking lights on / headlights on indicators, but wouldn't work in auto or off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizznal View Post
Had the same issue with my install. So now I'm powering the wireless kit from the fuse box. Not sure why some US car have this issue and some do not.

Akrapovics install instructions show where to get power from the fuse box...
http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapov...6b91639e8a.pdf
That's awesome. My install booklet didn't have this part in the manual. I must be awesome, because that's EXACTLY how I ran my wire to the fuse panel. Lucky guess! (I have some other low amperage stuff hooked up to that fuse, so I guess it was obvious, now that I think back....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
For those of you who have it, use a wire tap connector and clip it to the power outlet lead in the trunk. You'll have constant power feeding the wireless receiver.
I think when I was on the phone with PSI, they were trying to get me to locate this wire. Unfortunately, my car even though is "fully loaded", doesn't have this power plug in the trunk. Would have made sense to include this with every car, so you can use it to power the air compressor in the trunk!
Appreciate 0