12-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmatt View Post
BMW seem to have under egged there power figures a little, it seems plausible that this is the minimum that the 1M puts out.
The other problem is different dyno's give a variety of results the average seems to be between 350-360. Cars putting out 380 as standard points to an over-reading dyno
I tend to agree with this, from what I have read since the beginning and experienced with my own car, stock 1M crank is closer to 360 hp but maybe not as high as 380 hp. However, I dynoed just 30 whp shy of a 2012 E92 M3 at the same shop too (and only 23 less just with a N55 midpipe and Evolve Race muffler) which should have 420 ps/414 hp as stock, so either M3 is somehow overrated or 1M is clearly underrated. Both the dyno operator and other reliable 1M vs M3 dyno figures available online back these numbers. My car had almost identical hp and tq numbers with GIAC's stock 1M test, both theirs and mine on a Mustang dyno so I take them as very consistent and convincing.

I figured that real torque vs advertised tq demonstrates even bigger difference compared to hp difference. Looks like 1M tq is around 550-560 nm stock and reaches to its peak around 2500 not 1500, while advertised number was 500 (450 + 50 with overboost) at 1500 to 4500.

Hope this helps.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0