You live by the sword...
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
It was probably a bad alignment job.

Is your car lowered? That makes everything much harder for them to align and some shops don't even have the tools (or know-how, possibly) to align a lowered car.

I'd say have the dealer take a look, but that's a gamble too. Took my car to the dealer for an alignment. Afterwards the car pulled to the left more than it previously did. I told them and they said nothing they can do, because it looked fine to them. Wouldn't realign it without having to pay again. They charged me over 200 bucks (local place charges ~100, another place that services mostly exotics, ferraris, lambos, etc charges ~150).

You could have the same shop take a look. Maybe there was an oversight or honest mistake.. or maybe they don't know what they're doing. Hard to say. Or chance it with the dealer. Once you find a good place, though, stick to it! Good places are so freaking hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotM View Post
Any chance the new tires are rubbing creating the 'notch' in the steering?

Stock wheels? what tire sizes are you using?
Car is not lowered, riding on stock m-sport suspension. I changed from the stock run flats to the star specs (255/35 in the rear, 225/40 in the front).

I doubt it's a rubbing issue...I've had rubbing issues on previous cars and this feels nothing like that. The alignment itself is definitely bad as I have a difficult time keeping the car straight.
Appreciate 0