05-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #37
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
Is it fiberglass or OEM style plastic(or whatever the oem bumper is made out of, its slipped my mind right now)? Thats cool they offer it painted! How are they with matching paint any experiences? Thanks!
I will talk to LTBMW and confirm what the bumper will be made out of but I'm pretty sure it will not be fiberglass for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
What are the bottom dimensions of the bumper compared to that of a real 1M? The 1M is wider than the 135i, so wouldn't the bottom be wider too? If this bumper is made to the dimensions of the 135i instead of the 1M, wouldn't that make fitting a lip made for a 1M impossible?
Basically the way this prototype bumper was made was using 2 OEM bumpers. A 1M one and a 135i one. They were then cut and molded together. So you would get the OEM fit and finish while still having that aggressive 1M front. The SLeK 1M lip has fit on the E9x 1M bumpers so far and I believe it should fit on here as well but we will test it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattgfx View Post
^ Yeah what is it made out of and will you be able to fit a 1m lip on the front?
I will talk to LTBMW and confirm what the bumper will be made out of but I'm pretty sure it will not be fiberglass for sure. I will have the SLeK 1M lip tested on it as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miro2296 View Post
I would think they would have to make another lip since this bumper is not as wide as the 1M bumper
I will have the SLeK 1M lip tested on it as soon as I can but I believe it should work since it has worked on the E9x 1M bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
Yea, would definitely be better as ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcruiser View Post
Would be really nice if a lip was built into the mold!
Sorry no plan to put a lip into the mold. It will allow those that don't want a lip to be able to not have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 View Post
Subscribing to find out what it is made of also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlannBee View Post
They should have used the performance bumper to mold the 1m front onto so that way it looks just like the actual 1m bumper, or modify the sides of the oem 1m front to fit onto the non-m fenders.
Not sure what you mean but 2 bumpers were used to create this. A stock 1M and 135i bumper. They were then merged together to make it OEM fitment but look like a 1M front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOACAD View Post
cooler, can we get some pics from a little further away. possibly angle shots to see it with the SleK CSL trunk? Curious how the two look together on the 135.

@Ammonia, 450usd? Yeah i guess that leaves about 300ish for shipping.

Guess if both of these are made of the same material and the LTBMW stays around 1200 then ill be working towards a kerscher before i leave here.

It is really nice to have an option in the states now though. Love the work that companies like SleK and LTBMW and others are doing for the 1ers.
Sorry the bumper is already off my car to start the next stage of mass production.
Appreciate 0