View Single Post
      08-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #1278
arrutled
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Olsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Sweet! I'm taking a dremel to my upper spring perch, where it rubs the stud from the camber plate. I think that's the noise issue. I called Vorschlag to let them know that I know of four locals that have this issue. They were under the impression that the newer aluminum backing plate version (red anodized) were not a problem... I corrected them.

Andy, I'm going to futz with the stock and H&R springs to see what I can do to not jerry rig the height, when I put the Konis in tomorrow.

Btw, the back is pretty much set-it-and-forget-it. I'm not worried about the adjustability aspects of the rear shock. Dropping the rear LCA versus taking out the trunk liner.. it's a wash, as far as labor to adjust.

My question to you is that are you getting smaller front tires? I don't think the 255's will work with the ~-2deg of the Dinan camber plates.

Lastly, I hear ya about the A>B class thing. I want to try to run without a tune for one event this year, to see the difference it really makes. I'm thinking with my suspension changes that I'm doing this Friday, that I have a little bit more of a momentum car than a point n shoot car.

I actually ran a 235 front tire last event. I am hoping that I wont have to go 225 because I do have the dinan plates and M3 LCA's. If I have to go to 225's I will be selling 235's 275's and the wheels and put the 225's or maybe 235's and 255's on the performance wheels. I am glad you corrected vorshlag. Maybe I can ask for a refund for shitty engineering. I am going to do what ML has done to make rear adjustability easy. My JB3 is removed and is for sale. I love the smoothness of stock in 1st gear. With my new fuel pump it is pretty zippy too. Have you ever changed a rear shock mount? I am sure once I get in there it will be easy but you never know. I am excited to get back to loving my car instead of loving to hate it.

AW 135i w/ blackette, performance short shift kit, BMW alarm, Performance rotors, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Direzza Star Spec 235/275, Dinan stage 3 suspension, M3 wishbones/tension rods/front sway/rear subframe bushings and thats all folks!
Appreciate 0