View Single Post
      08-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
blingers
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Pre-LCI 130i

thanks disco. i had doubts on the look with the fin antenna but then i saw some prototype shots of the new F20 1er that has a sharkfin antenna.

an update on the led licence plate lights... last night i got the bulbout error on the obd for the license lights. both lights were out so i replaced them with the stock halogen bulbs... still NO light?!

so i spent an hour checking the fuses (didn't know what the license plate light symbol was in the legend!) but fuses were fine.

I then replugged the leds and one worked! the other light was dead so reinstalled the halogens and they worked as normal! no more obd error

I couldn't find an explanation for halogen lights not working the first time (fuses were OK) but one of the led lamps (the working one) was very hot to touch and smelt like melting plastic this warped the connector (right side):

so it could be heat-related? or a CANBUS safety system? still confused... i hope the car wiring wasn't damaged from this but things are good so far with the stock lights.

the ebay seller was really nice and gave me a full refund so I'll invest in the OEM LCI leds. I'll miss the brightness of the ebay ones but don't want to risk it with another set
Appreciate 0