View Single Post
      12-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #65
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

Der untergang youtube M movie is the best example what happens right now at M.

The investment in new highrev engine is a costly thing. And with all the co2 debating going on they can get away with a cheaper turbo AG engine to push to all the costumers. The customers believe this nonsonse and buy it anyway and M is laughing when they see the sales.

Then can you ask youreself. What is M these days.

M is not the manufacturer what we think they used to be. M is now just a Tuning department of BMW.

If you have an turbo M car these days. You buy an bmw AG car with lots tuning parts and M badges. The special feeling owning an M car is flowing away more and more.

When M brings own engines like the M3 CSL engine i am willing to pay more for it. But pay premium voor putting an AG engine in M car no way. I rather buy a real sportscar then.

Turbo is cheaper and give more easy lots of power in compare to a base race engine like the S54. The japs knew this years ago. So if bmw M goes Jap style fine by me but don t ask M money anymore.

The X5M is just an insane price tag for a turbo there is not one hair on my complete body that would pay that amount of money for an M car with a jap style turbo engine.

The M of Motorsport is gone all the nice old movies you see of M these days of the E30 M3 DTM is a nice marketing. M for street cars is no more then a tuning department for BMW AG.

When they building own engines again M gets a new status from me. As long as turbo AG engines are used the letter M for me is for Marketing.

All this doesn t mean i can t enjoy a 1M. Al this means it s different then M used to be and i accept it but only if the car doesn t cost like a car with a base race engine it s fine by me.

Last edited by Advevo; 12-25-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0