View Single Post
      03-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Chuckwalla is amazing Doug and you should definitely go!

Anyway, it looks like this event isn't a good fit for me. Man, the fact that BMWCCA doesn't allow passengers, means I can't take my Dad with me (he loves hitting the track with me, has his own helmet, etc).

BMWCCA if you ever read this: you need to reconsider this. SCCA autocross events, private groups (like SpeedVentures)... no one else has this restriction! I would go to at least twice as many events if I didn't have to go by myself. And I could take other new friends/BMW owners to your events and introduce them to the sport (without having to make them stand on the sidelines all day. Boring!)
No one is allowed to take passengers for liability reasons. BMW CCA has a long standing record with our insurance policy riders, and no passengers unless it's driven by an instructor is dictated by national policy, which is in terms dictated by the national insurance policy.

Private groups such as SpeedVentures has different insurance policy and because they're smaller groups (BMW CCA National is a HUGE organization) their liabilities and assets does not extend as far and as much as the CCA. And frankly, after what happened with Ferrari Club at California Speedway, I personally do not believe in participants taking passengers myself.

And no one has to sit on the sideline all day. They can get rides from various instructors in instructor's personal cars, and they'll range from 750,000 mile 2002s to 500+ HP C6 Z06es.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0